We all need some healthy elements daily to get going (in the sense for the proper functioning of all our organs). But these five essential elements are very important to be included in everyone’s diet because most of our diet lacks these elements. If we don’t get these five nutritious elements in our diet then our body may not function properly, our body may show the adverse effects in some way or the other. Like I was suffering from irritable bowel movement until I up my fibre intake and now I’m perfectly fine. Read about what these five nutritious elements are that we must incorporate in our diet..
Five Essential Nutritious Elements:
1. Calcium: Take 1000 mg of calcium daily.
Why It Is Needed: For strong bones and teeth and to keep you in shape.
Source: Milk, yoghurt, green leafy vegetables, buttermilk, tofu, almonds, ladyfingers (cooked), sesame seeds and cheese.
2. Vitamin C: Take 75 mg of vitamin C daily.
Why: For strong immune system and healthy skin (this one is particularly its main benefit, it maintains skin’s youth), Lowers blood pressure. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- For good digestion and metabolism.
- Maintenance of sugar level.
- Helps in losing weight.
- Combats constipation, improves bowel movement.
- Lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Prevents the formation of kidney stones and gallstones.
- Lowers bad cholesterol level.
- Keeps skin allergies at bay.
Source: Whole grains, nuts and seeds, brown rice, popcorn, fruits and vegetables.
4. Potassium: Take 4700 mg of potassium daily.
- For the proper functioning of heart, brain, nerves and kidney.
- Reduces hair fall and promotes hair growth.
- Cures dry skin.
- Lowers blood sugar.
Source: Mostly fruits and vegetables (banana, orange, avocado, green leafy vegetables), beans, yogurt, soy products, baked potatoes (with skin), dried apricots, raisins, tomatoes and spinach.
5. Magnesium: Take 310-320 mg of magnesium daily.
- For keeping nerves, muscles, bones and mood in a good condition.
- Maintains healthy heart.
- Regulates high blood pressure.
- Treats migraine, depression and insomnia.
- It is a powerful detoxifier.
Source: Nuts and seeds, green vegetables (broccoli, spinach), potatoes, almonds, dried fruits ( prunes, dates, apricots and raisins), beans and lentils and last dark chocolate. :)
My diet mostly lack some of these essential elements so I have to rely on supplements.. I will tell you what supplements I take to stay fit and healthy and to keep my skin glowing. Tell me in the comments below which essential element you are missing in your diet..