I am a regular drinker of lemon juice. I love to drink lemon juice & I have it early morning on an empty stomach with a lukewarm glass of water. I feel it detoxifies my system and keeps it going. I also love to squeeze lemon juice on my dishes which makes my dish super delicious. There are many benefits of lemon juice of which I will be covering just a few I have in my knowledge.
Lemons are abundant in vitamin C. They are also a very good source of potassium, calcium, fiber, and vitamin B6. Also present in lemons are iron, magnesium, riboflavin and thiamin. Lemons are low in saturated fat and very low in sodium and cholesterol. So all these nutrition facts make this easily available and super cheap fruit must to include in everyone’s diet. :yes:
Home remedies with lemon juice:
- Rubbing fresh lemon peel on teeth gives strong, clean and white teeth and lemon also makes a perfect teeth cleanser, sun dry lemon peels, grind them into powder and then use it to clean your teeth.
- Mix lemon juice, mustard oil and salt in a bowl and then brush your teeth with this mixture. It is useful in tooth decay and makes teeth stronger and shinier. Your teeth will shine like pearls after using this on your teeth.
- In pyorrhoea, rub lemon juice on your gums to stop bleeding. :-D
To cure cold, have lemon juice mixed in lukewarm water.
Cut lemon in two equal pieces, warm them a bit and place it on your head and temple (i.e behind your ears). This will provide immediate relief in headache.
Mix 2 tsp honey and 1 tsp lemon juice. Having this daily for some days will benefit in old cough.
Have a mixture of ginger, rock salt and lemon juice before eating a meal. This helps in indigestion, gastritis, constipation, eases stomach ache, etc.
Drinking lemon water with crystal sugar (mishri) and rock salt helps in relieving acidity. If you have acidity problem from a long time, then it is recommended to have a lemon squeezed in a glass of warm water on an empty stomach continuously for 15 days.
Mix lemon juice in ground tamarind seeds. Apply this on the affected area.
High Blood Pressure:
- Consuming lemon juice prevents heart attack and maintains the normal level of blood pressure.
- Mix 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp ginger juice in lukewarm water and drink this 2-3 times in a week. You can do this every week. This is a great tonic for stomach ailments, high blood pressure and heart diseases.
Obesity and Old Constipation:
Mix 2 tsp lemon juice and 2-3 tsp honey in a glass of lukewarm water. Have it daily, this will decrease excess fat from belly and other places and will cure old constipation.
This is the most asked question from me, everyone keeps on asking me to give tips on how to reduce hair fall. So here is one most popular and effective tip to reduce hair fall, rub lemon juice on the roots of your hair, wash it after 10 minutes. This prevents premature greying, reduces hair fall and also prevents lice in hair.
Mix lemon juice and mustard oil in 1:2 ratio then massage it on your hair, after applying this mixture in your hair, massage your head with curd. Doing this for few days will cure dandruff completely.
- Acne and Spots:
Rub lemon juice on acne and acne marks 2-3 times a day. It helps in minimizing marks and pimples. ;-)
There are many more benefits of lemon juice which may not have been covered in this article. I’d advise everyone to include lemon in your daily food habits. You can have it in any form, the benefits will be the same.
For me, lemon is a staple fruit in my diet, I have it on an empty stomach, on my dishes, I can have it at any time of the day when I need some energy. It is believed that drinking lemon juice with a lukewarm glass of water before going to bed detoxifies the system. :clap: