Today it’s a DIY again, I know how people went gaga on my last two DIYs that’s why I thought to share another unique and useful DIY which is absolutely easy to make. So here goes the pic for the whole DIY, didn’t understand anything from it then continue reading it to know exactly how to make it.
Things You’ll Need:
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp orange Juice
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
Method Of Preparation:
1. Take 1-2 tsp sugar or more depending on the area you would be using the scrub on. It can be used for the whole body. You can even substitute sugar with salt for a much cheaper option :-P Grind the sugar a bit to get proper exfoliation because if sugar is taken in its crystal form, it gets slipped and does not exfoliate properly.
2. Then add 1/2 a tsp of orange juice. You do not need to worry to use juicer to juice the orange. You can take out its juice by simply squeezing the orange pulp, don’t worry about some traces of orange, it’s totally fine, they’ll help more in the exfoliation process.
- Orange is very rich in vitamin C and has natural alpha hydroxy acids that is perfect in exfoliating the skin.
3. The third step is to add 1/2 a tsp of honey to the sugar and orange mixture.
- Honey has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and is a brilliant ingredient to brighten and lighten the skin. It is even used to lighten acne marks and reduce acne. Honey is used in this scrub to soften the skin.
4. The fourth step is to add 1/2 a tsp olive oil.
- Olive oil moisturizes the skin and leaves it supple and soft. You don’t want exfoliation on the terms of your skin getting rid of all its moisture so honey and olive oil is added to add extra moisture to skin.
5. This step is just optional but I like to follow this step as well as it adds extra benefits to my scrub. Add 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil. Lavender oil not only smells great but has many skin beautifying properties so I like to make use of it whenever I can.
How To Use The DIY Scrub:
Wash your face with a face wash. Then take a little bit of this scrub in your hands and start scrubbing your face in circular motions. Massage for 4-5 minutes to get most out of it and then rinse it off with tepid water. You should try it, how heavenly it feels, oh my I feel like I’m in an exotic world with a wonder smell of lavender, velvety feeling of olive oil and watery texture of orange juice. This scrub feels great :yes: You can store it in the refrigerator for up to a week, make sure ants can’t reach it, :rotfl:you’ll be left with nothing.
- Skin feels soft and supple, you’d want to touch your skin again and again.
- Gives a brightening effect to skin.
- Helps to reduce acne marks with continuous usage.
- Skin feels fresh and clean.
- Gives an instant glow to skin.
- Alpha hydroxy acids slough away dead skin cells like no market bought scrub can do. They are so effective in exfoliating the skin and moreover sugar makes a great exfoliator.
- It will keep the skin moisturized in winters when people hesitate to use a scrub because a scrub dries out the skin further. Scrubbing is very essential be it any weather but people limit the use of scrubs in winters which shouldn’t be done, you can use a homemade scrub like this one to slough away dead skin cells.
Do share your views about this DIY in the comments. I’d love to hear from you!