I’m back with a DIY yet again! This time it’s a toner (yes a homemade toner), this toner will revive your dull skin and with daily usage will give you a glowing and brighter skin!
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 1 vitamin C tablet or 1/2 teaspoon vitamin C powder
- An empty toner bottle
- A Bowl and a spoon
- Tea strainer or a sieve
1. Take a cucumber, peel it and then grate it with the help of a grater! For tomato, you have two options, either grate it or blend it, I prefer grating as I find it easy that way! You’ll see something like this after grating both the ingredients.
2. Next step is to strain the cucumber and tomato! For that, you’ll need a sieve or a strainer, put the pulp over the sieve and mash it with a spoon. You can even use your hand to squeeze out the juice but make sure your hands are clean!
3. I’m transferring both the contents to one bowl now and adding the vitamin C tablet! If you live out of India, you can easily get vitamin C powder but since in India it’s not easily available I’m using the vitamin C tablet! If you are using vitamin C powder, make sure it’s L-ascorbic and not I-ascorbic powder.
Let it sit for 5 minutes, the tablet will dissolve itself, till then you go sing, enjoy or do some work. :-P If after 5 minutes it does not dissolve, don’t worry just pour it in the empty bottle, swishing will dissolve it! I’m using Patanjali rose water bottle, you can use any empty bottle of your choice but make sure it’s clean and well sanitised!
Your very own homemade toner is ready (uhh huh a special homemade toner) it’s as simple as painting your nails (you got me, don’t you?) You just have to follow 2-3 steps to make a wonderful toner for all your skin issues!
How To Use:
Shake the bottle well every time before using this toner! Take a cotton ball, pour out the toner on it and swipe it over your entire face.
Now let’s see what all it does.
- Has cleansing ability.
- Toning ability.
- Brightens skin.
- Lightens skin with daily usage.
- Treats acne marks and scars.
- Works great on pigmentation.
- Cures pimples.
- Tightens and minimizes pores.
- Has anti-aging properties.
- High in antioxidants so it helps to protect skin against free radical damage.
- Less oil production.
- Great for all skin types.
It may burn initially but that’s because of vitamin C and tomato in the toner! That’s completely fine, you’ll get used to it and the burning sensation will not be for long! This toner is not for sensitive skin, sensitive skin can be allergic to it so don’t try it, you can do a small patch test and see how it suits your skin if you still wanna try it!
This toner will be good for a week so make a new batch every week! Store it in the refrigerator to make it last for atleast a week! Don’t throw the leftover pulp of tomato and cucumber, utilize it by massaging it on your face!