You all carry a bag everyday with you wherever you go but think: Are you carrying all the essential stuffs in your handbag? Today I’ll be sharing some of those essentials which every girl should keep in her handbag while moving out of the house!
1. Kohl/Kajal: If you love using kajal on your waterline, keep a kajal handy in your bag for doing touch ups. If your kajal has smudged/faded in the middle of the day, do touch-ups by lining your waterline with kajal and if you want more of a dramatic look, line your upper lash line and smudge it with your hands to get a smokey eye effect without having to use an eye shadow and a brush!
2. Compact: A compact is very essential in any girl’s handbag! Compact soaks excess oil, refreshes makeup and gives an instant brighter/fresher look.
3. Wet Tissues: Keep a small packet of wet tissues in your handbag while travelling! You can clean your face with wet tissues and start your makeup again while long distance travelling. When I went on a tour to Kashmir with my family, wet tissues were like my saviour! I used to clean my face with wet tissue and then use sunscreen for maximum sun protection as higher we get (on mountains), the harmful the sun rays get! Wet tissues can also be used to clean hands if you don’t have a sanitizer handy!
4. Hair Brush/Comb: You all know how handy a comb can be for you, rigjt? You can tame your tresses whenever you want by running a comb through them. Keep a small comb or brush in your bag that won’t reserve much space!
5. Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer is a must in any handbag and is a staple product in my handbag. Santiizer is good from hygiene purpose and I make sure to use it before eating anything coz I’m a hygiene freak!
6. Safety Pin: You should keep a safety pin handy with you all the time coz you never know when you may need it. It can save you from a lot of embarrassing moments like fixing your broken footwear, broken purse string, dress, etc.
7. Paper Soap: Paper soap is quite useful when you are going somewhere and you don’t find a hand wash there, just take out the paper soap from your bag and wash your hands with it, easy peasy!
8. Mouth Freshener/ Breath Mints: It’s so embarrassing when your mouth smells and someone points it out! So it’s always wise to carry some mint gums like centre fresh type gums or a mouth freshener with you in your bag and chew the gum or spray the freshener before meeting anyone so that your mouth doesn’t smell!
9. Hand Mirror: If your compact has a mirror then no need to carry a separate mirror but if your compact doesn’t have it then it’s better to carry a separate mirror coz mirror is very useful for touching up your makeup!
10. Lip Gloss/Tinted Lip Balm: You should keep either of these in your handbag. A lip balm helps keep lips moisturized and hydrated, adds a sheer touch of color if it’s tinted and protects your lips from sun if it has got SPF! Make sure to keep a lip balm with SPF while travelling for extra protection! A lip gloss adds some color to the lips giving your face a fresh look!
11. Blotting Paper: If your skin is oily and turns in an oil pan often then oil absorbing sheets or blotting paper should be must in your handbag. You try wiping your face with paper towel/handkerchief but you still see oil on your face, then there is no better way than investing in oil blotting sheets, just press one blotting paper on your face and you’ll see all your face’s oil on the blotting paper and your face would be again matte and fresh!
12. Blush (Optional): This is just optional and depends on your preference but I like to carry a mini blush with me on a long distance travel so that I can add a sheer touch of color to my cheeks when I get off the car before reaching my destination and I look presentable with a fresh look.
13. Sunscreen: You know how important it is to carry a sunscreen with you all the time and you may also know the rule of applying sunscreen after every 2-3 hours and so your bag must have a sample sized sunscreen everytime you leave the house so that you can re-apply it often throughout the day and keep yourself protected from those harsh sun rays!
14. ATM/Debit Card: You should keep debit card with you so that you can make transaction whenever you want from anywhere!
15. Hair Accessories: Carry few bobby pins, hair ties, clutcher to tie back your hair when you want your hair to stay away from your face.
16. Healthy Snack: You should keep some sort of healthy snack in your handbag. I like to keep one seasonal fruit, some nuts, granola bar and some market bought healthy snacks.
I’ll be soon coming up with my handbag essentials as someone asked me few days back what’s in my bag so will share my handbag essentials too.
That’s it! Hope you enjoyed reading this post, let me know if I missed any other handbag essential!