Skin Brightening Kiwi Face Mask DIY
Yesterday I was lying down thinking what post should I write today then I thought why not do a DIY post on the blog instead of a review as it’s been quite long since I last did a DIY post. So, I started searching the kitchen and fridge for fruits and vegetables that I could use for the DIY post and that’s when I found kiwis lying in the fridge and here is what I came up with- A Skin brightening kiwi face mask that rejuvenates dull, tired looking skin and gives a brighter, healthier looking skin.
Things You’ll Need:
- Half a kiwi
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- 1 tsp gram flour (besan)
- A mixing bowl and a spoon
1. Start by scooping out the kiwi from the cover or just peel it and take out the kiwi pulp. Kiwi is rich in vitamin C and also has vitamin A and E. Kiwi is a good source of antioxidants. Using kiwi on your face helps tighten pores, fights free radicles, eliminates oily skin, dark spots and skin impurities.2. Add a tablespoon of yoghurt to the bowl. Yoghurt helps to smooth out rough skin. The lactic acid in yoghurt is an alpha hydroxy acid which helps in smoothing rough skin and eliminates dead skin cells while closing large pores.Also Read:
- DIY Scrub For Brighter Skin
- DIY Fairness Pack
- DIY Chocolate Beauty Mask
- Skin Purifying Mask: Easy DIY To Detoxify Your Skin
3. Now add a teaspoon of honey. Honey has anti-inflammatory properties which helps calm redness and reduces acne. It’s always better to use unsweetened, pure honey on your face to get its most benefits.
4. Now cut open the vitamin E capsule and squeeze out the oil from it. Only one capsule is enough for one time use. Vitamin E oil helps lighten acne scars and dark spots, moisturizes skin and protects against free radicles. If you add a drop or two of vitamin E oil to your morning skin care products, it will double up your sun protection and will give you a younger looking skin with continuous use.5. This ingredient is optional and you can make the mask even without adding gram flour but I like to add it just to get a thicker consistency so that the masks sticks well on my face plus the exfoliating benefits of gram flour always makes me to add it to my masks. If you want a thin consistency mask that you can use with a face pack brush, skip this step and if you want a thicker consistency mask that sticks well then add a teaspoon of gram flour.6. Now add a tsp of olive oil to the mixture. Olive oil moisturizes the skin and is great for sensitive skin. You can substitute olive oil with the same amount of almond oil. And now mix, mix and mix! Mix all things well until it makes a smooth paste. If you want, you can even blend the mixture. You can add few drops of lemon juice if you want to get a more brightening effect.
The mask is now ready to use. Use it on a freshly washed face and keep it on for 15-20 minutes. The mask doesn’t dry completely so you can wash it after the recommended time period. You can even keep it for a longer period, no harms in that! When it is time to rinse off the mask, rub it in circular motions and then wash it off with tepid water.
The result will be revitalized, brighter, softer, smoother and younger looking skin. Don’t believe me, just try it for yourself and you will notice the difference instantly. Use this mask twice or thrice a week for one month and you will notice a huge difference in your skin.