Everteen Menstrual Cup
A menstrual cup is a feminine hygiene device that is inserted into the vagina during menstruation. Its purpose is to collect menstrual fluid (blood from uterine lining) and prevent its leaking onto clothes. Menstrual cups are usually made of flexible medical grade silicone and shaped like a bell with a stem. The stem is used for insertion and removal. The bell-shaped cup seals against the vaginal wall just below the cervix. Every 4–12 hours (depending on the amount of flow), the cup is removed, emptied, rinsed, and reinserted. After each period, the cup should be boiled for at least 5 minutes and stored for use the next month.
Unlike tampons and pads, cups collect menstrual fluid rather than absorbing it. One cup is reusable for five years or more. This makes their long-term cost lower than that of disposable tampons or pads, though the initial cost is higher. Menstrual cups are also promoted as more practical and eco-friendly than pads and tampons. Given that the menstrual cup is reusable, its use greatly decreases the amount of waste generated from menstrual cycles, as there is no daily waste and the amount of discarded packaging decreases as well.
What is Everteen Menstrual Cup ?
Everteen menstrual cup is a quality product from Everteen, which offers India’s largest range of premium sanitary essentials for complete feminine hygiene. The Everteen menstrual cup is highly comfortable to wear and gives you the freedom to perform all your favorite sports and outdoor activities such as yoga, dancing, swimming and more. Made of medical-grade silicon, the Everteen menstrual cup is soft, easy, 100 percent safe to use and does not cause skin irritation. The large cup can hold up to 30ml of fluid and is recommended for normal-to-heavy flow. Always use Everteen natural intimate wash to clean the exterior of your intimate areas before and after using the Everteen menstrual cup. Never wash intimate areas with soap, shampoo or chemical based products to prevent infections or ph imbalance. Note: If you have light-to-normal flow, please search for Everteen menstrual cup (small) which can hold up to 23ml of fluid.
Features & details
- No menstrual odour, dryness, discomfort, itching or rashes
- Reusable for as long as 10 years and provides 12-hour leak proof-protection against menstrual fluid
- No risk of flooding or period disasters due to sneezing. Lesser need to remove and reinsert
- Fits in perfectly with the suction seal and lesser cramps due to the vacuum created by the seal of the everteen Menstrual Cup
- You can continue using your menstrual cup during sleep too!
Direction for use :
- First wash your hands.
- Wash the cup with Everteen Intimate wash
- Relax and sit in squat position
- Press the sides of the cup together so that it creates a C or U shape
- Hold it in 45 degree angle and try to insert it into your private part
- Once the cup goes inside, it will ‘pop open’
- You can check if the cup has fully opened using your finger
- Twist or rotate the cup if it needs to (you must feel comfortable)
- While removing, again wash your hand
- Then, sit in squat position and gently pull down the stem of the cup until you can hold the base
- Once it comes out, remove the fluid and wash it with Everteen intimate wash
- Re-insert it.
Price: 435 INR for 23ml (small) and 455 INR for 30ml (large)
Availability: Amazon and Everteen website
My Overall Experience with Everteen Menstrual Cup:
As I am a working person, periods are always a problem for me. I face really heavy flow on first 2 days and I avoid going out anywhere on those days, but using this menstrual cup has changed my life miraculously. Now I can live a hassel free life on those days too. I can do whatever I want without having the fear of blood staining my clothes. The menstrual cup is soft and really easy to use. It does not cause any discomfort or pain, you won’t want to go back to pads once you’ve got the hold of using it properly, it’s safe for the environment and for the body as well. Read the directions properly before using it and watch a few videos cause it can get a little confusing to use at first but once you know how to use it and you’ve got the hang of it, you would never want to switch back to other menstrual products. The bright side is, it is one time investment and it’s really cost effective.
This is my first time trying out a menstrual cup and I’m really happy I went with Everteen menstrual cup, I’d definitely recommend everyone to at least once try out a menstrual cup if you have never tried one and I’m sure you will never want to look back.
Review by Karishma