Hi Prettiest, :)
I bought this Himalaya Body Lotion in my haul for winter products and I thought to share its review first as many girls tend picking up any body lotion they see on the cosmetic store shelves thinking it would keep their skin soft in winters. So for dry skinned girls, wanted to share this review as this body lotion is for oily skin and will not work for dry skin in winters. Move on to read more..
Price: 80 for 100 ml.
Shelf Life: 3 years
A light and cool body lotion that hydrates and refreshes your skin without leaving it sticky. This fast absorbing daily use body lotion contains Aloe Vera which moisturizes and soothes while Cucumber cools and invigorates, helping maintain your skin’s moisture balance and leaving it soft, smooth and refreshed.
Directions for use:
Apply lotion gently all over the body, slowly massaging it in. Best used after bathing when your skin is most receptive of hydration.
Aloe Vera Juice, Cucumber Extract.
About key Ingredients: Taken from Himalaya Health Care website.
- Aloe Vera: known for its many healing properties. It can be used topically or consumed in its juice form. It is rich in enzymes, polysaccharides and nutrients that exhibit antibacterial and anti fungal action. A natural UV inhibitor, Aloe Vera’s hydrating, softening and intense moisturizing properties nourish the skin.
- Cucumber: cools, invigorates, refreshes and helps maintain skin’s moisture. It keeps skin soft, has healing and soothing effects on damaged skin. It is also a natural sunscreen. The abundance of antioxidants and silica in Cucumber rejuvenate the skin and leave it feeling soft and smooth.
My Experience with Himalaya Herbals Refreshing Moisturizer:
It comes in a white colored bottle with a green flip top cap. The consistency of this body lotion is really flowy which identifies that it’s not that moisturizing.
Coming to its texture, it’s light-weight in texture and gets absorbed in an instant. It has a nice, mild and soothing fragrance like that of cucumbers. You may need two coats of it to really moisturize your skin. It’s basically meant for oily skin and will do nothing for dry skin. I think this body lotion will not work in winters and can be used in summers but again there’s a problem (it does not have any SPF) so it can’t be used in summers also. Oily skin will love it as it’s light in texture and does not give that oily feeling on application.
- Travel friendly packaging.
- Has 80% herbal ingredients.
- Easily available.
- Mild and soothing smell.
- Lightly moisturizes skin.
- Perfect for oily skin as it’s light in texture.
- May not work for dry skin in winters.
- Reapplication is needed.
- Does not give heavy moisturization which many dry skinned girls want.
For my dry skin, it’s not on my buy list again as I need heavy moisturization and it’ll work great for oily skin or combination skin. I’d recommend it to oily skin :yes: and dry skinned girls should skip this as it’s not that moisturizing.