Today I would be reviewing Nivea fruity shine strawberry lip balm which is a tinted lip balm and gives a nice sheer red color when applied onto lips. Want to know more about it, then continue reading..
Shelf Life: 30 months
The innovative formula of Nivea Fruity Shine Strawberry with Fruit Extracts and Shimmering Pigments provides long lasting moisturisation and an exciting fruity flavour, giving you soft and smooth lips with delicate reddish shimmer.
- :-* Delights your lips with fruity flavour and long lasting care.
- :-* Naturally enhances your lips with shimmering pigments and a hint of gorgeous strawberry red.
- :-* Contains SPF 10 for protection against UVA & UVB rays.
You can check all Nivea Fruity Shine variants HERE.
Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Candelilla Cera, Myristyl Myristate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Cera Microcristalline, Isopropyl Palmitate, Synthetic Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Juice, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Bisabolol, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Mica, Aqua, Neohesperidin Dihydrochalcone, BHT, Citric Acid, Trideceth-9, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Parfum, CI 45380, CI 15985, CI 77891, CI 15850
OMG, what a scary and long list of ingredients!! Can you believe all this goes into your lips in just one swipe of this lip balm, unbelievable!!
My Take on Nivea Fruity Shine Strawberry Lip Balm:
This is basically a tinted lip balm, I’m sure all of you know that but just wanted to tell you so if anyone doesn’t know can be aware that this is a tinted lip balm with sheer red color.
The packaging is quite attractive and convenient, the color of the cap is bright red and the bottom is white in color. You have to screw the cap and then the bottom to get the lip balm out. I don’t why but I always end up picking strawberry flavour in every lip balm, have tried bundle of lip balms and always ended picking up strawberry one though I’m not much of a fan of strawberry lip balms but every time I go for buying a lip balm, I find only strawberry flavour in stock or if someone gifts me also, only strawberry flavour :heh:
This balm is sheer red in color with some light shimmer in it which are not much visible. It can be used over lipstick to pop out extra color and make it shine. It has a very mild faint smell which I don’t like about it as I love strawberry smell from lip balms and this one doesn’t even smell like strawberry.
The moisturizing effect is good and it keeps lips moisturized for a good amount of time but it may not help heal or repair cracked or chapped lips as it is just moisturizing and not healing in nature.
It gives a nice sheer red color to the lips but the tint may set into lines if you have dry and rough lips. So don’t use it on dry and cracked lips as it looks weird when the tint kind of sets into lines.
Pros of Nivea Fruity Shine Strawberry Lip Balm:
- Gives a very nice sheer red color which is perfect if you don’t want to use much color but still want to add some color to your lips.
- SPF 10 is an added bonus.
- Moisturizing effect is up to 2-3 hours and I’m sure you won’t mind using it again and again as most girls have a habit of just adding lip balm to their lips whenever they want like the winner of big boss (Gauhar) does. ;)
- Easily available.
- Convenient and sturdy packaging.
Cons of Nivea Fruity Shine Strawberry Lip Balm:
- The tint may set into fine lines.
- Does not heal or repair lips, only moisturizes them.
- Smell could have been better, this is my personal preference, not a con though as I like nice smelling lip balms.
- Long list of ingredients which is scary.
BML Rating: 3.5/5